CBD (cannabidiol) is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant that has become increasingly popular for its potential therapeutic benefits for both humans and animals. In recent years, CBD has gained attention as a potential treatment for a variety of health issues in pets, including anxiety, pain, inflammation, seizures, and more.
CBD products for pets come in various forms, including oils, treats, capsules, and topicals. These products are typically derived from hemp, a variety of cannabis that contains low levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive compound that causes a “high” in marijuana.
The endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is present in all mammals, including dogs and cats, is responsible for regulating a variety of bodily functions, such as pain, inflammation, mood, and appetite. CBD interacts with the ECS by binding to cannabinoid receptors in the body, which can help promote balance and wellness.
“I have been giving Blue Botanical CBD oil to my 13-year-old, 6lb dog for about a year. I have seen changes in him such as decreased arthritic pain and decreased anxiety.” – Donelle Felix (Five Star Google Review)
Here are some potential benefits of CBD for dogs and cats:
- Anxiety: CBD has been shown to have calming effects on pets, which may help reduce anxiety and stress-related behaviors, such as excessive barking, fear of loud noises, and separation anxiety.
- Pain and inflammation: CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce swelling and pain associated with conditions such as arthritis, hip dysplasia, and other inflammatory disorders.
- Seizures: CBD has been shown to have anticonvulsant properties, which may help reduce the frequency and severity of seizures in pets with epilepsy and other seizure disorders.
- Appetite: CBD may help stimulate appetite in pets who are experiencing nausea or loss of appetite due to certain medical conditions or treatments.
- Cancer: While more research is needed, some studies have suggested that CBD may have anti-tumor properties and may help slow the growth of cancerous cells in pets with certain types of cancer.
Before giving your pet CBD, it’s important to consult with your veterinarian to determine the appropriate dosage and ensure that CBD is safe for your pet’s specific health needs. Additionally, it’s important to choose high-quality CBD products that have been tested for purity and potency.
The basic dosing rule for dogs and cats: is 1-5 mg CBD for every 10 pounds of weight. To control pain, give it every 8 hours or as needed. For other uses, or to break unwanted behavior patterns, give once or twice a day. Keep in mind that there is no known toxicity associated with CBD.
Blue botanicals CBD comes in three strength levels and is 100% natural with no artificial flavoring, only the essentials.
Overall, Blue Botanicals Pure CBD Oil with Bacon Flavor has the potential to provide many health benefits for dogs and cats and may be a valuable addition to your pet’s wellness routine. However, it’s important to approach CBD use with caution and to always consult with a veterinarian before giving your pet any new supplements or medications.